At STAGES Performing Arts Academy, we are excited to continue to provide in-person classes. With our variety of classes, workshops and productions, we are bringing our superior level of education to the community in a safe and protective way. Decisions regarding class capacity and curriculum material have been made with great care to ensure our educational environment is as safe as possible.
Current COVID-19 Policies and Protocol include the following:
- Face masks are currently recommended for students, faculty, and staff and will become required if a significant rise in cases and/or hospitalizations occur.
- Furthermore, because SPAA is apart of a larger professional theatre organization that must comply with the Actor’s Equity Association guidelines, students, faculty, and staff may be required to wear masks in common areas if equity actors are in the building at the same time as when a class or camp take place. Students and caregivers will be notified immediately if this requirement becomes necessary.
- Our classes and camps will conclude 5 minutes early to allow disinfecting, hand hygiene, and social distancing in class transitions.
- Social distancing in classes (when necessary) is marked by spots on the floor.
- Additional building cleaning and disinfecting will take place in the evening.
- Added hand sanitizer stations at each entrance and in each classroom and recommended hand hygiene at entry to building for all students and staff and faculty
- Students and staff are required to stay home if they show any flu-like symptoms, a fever of 100.4 or greater, or if they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. There is no negative consequence for students or staff staying home for these reasons
Your continued trust and support in STAGES Performing Arts Academy is greatly appreciated. We thank you for supporting us as we navigate the new normal in order to provide our students and families a safe place to create art.
Director of Education and Outreach